DUI Defense Attorneys
DUI is also called Drunk Driving, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs or Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Because of wide-spread media coverage of serious accidents and groups such as MADD, the San Diego District Attorney’s Office vehemently prosecutes drunk driving. A DUI conviction can seriously impact your license, freedom, and reputation. That’s why we take these cases very seriously and provide Aggressive Drunk Driving defense strategies.
If you would like more information about the charge of driving under the influence, contact a San Diego DUI Attorney at the San Diego Ticket King for a confidential case analysis by calling 619-649-2424.
You must request a DMV Per Se hearing within 10 days of your arrest or your license will be suspended. Click here to find out more info.
What is San Diego DUI?
Driving under the influence is a serious criminal offense in California and is prosecuted as either a misdemeanor or a felony. The prosecution must show beyond a reasonable doubt every element of the crime.
A misdemeanor carries a maximum penalty of fines (approx $2k) and up to 12 months in jail. A felony carries fines that are higher, and the maximum penalty is life in prison.
There are five basic offenses when people refer to a DUI. They are:
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (CVC §23152(a))
- Driving Under the Influence of Legal or Illegal Drugs (CVC §23152(a))
- Driving with Blood Alcohol Content 0.08% or above (CVC §23152(b))
- Attempted DUI (Penal Code §664 and CVC §23152(a) or (b))
- Felony DUI (CVC §§23153, 23554, 23556, 23560, 23562 and 23566))
A DUI charge subjects you to both San Diego Superior Court proceedings and California DMV Hearings
Our Drunk Driving Attorneys
Our DUI defense attorneys aggressively protect your rights, freedom and driver’s license. Handling your DUI case may include the following:
- Consultation after a DUI arrest
- Contacting California Department of Motor Vehicles to request an “admin per se” hearing
- Postponing license suspension
- Obtaining restricted driver’s license
- Live appearance at “admin per se” hearing in front of DMV officer
- Appearing at arraignment (first court appearance)
- Motion to suppress evidence (Penal Code Section 1538.5) for Constitutional violations
- Court Appearances
- Plea Bargaining
- Evidence Gathering
- Blood re-testing
- Trial preparation and presenting trial in front of judge or jury
Common DUI Issues
- Unlawful Stop or Arrest
- Incorrect or Incomplete BAC analysis
- Incorrectly Administered Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs)
- Police Brutality
- Legal Defenses Factual Defenses
Successfully defending a misdemeanor case may include the following procedures:
- Court Appearances
- DMV “Admin Per Se” Hearing
- DMV License Status Hearing
- Motion Hearings on discovery and evidence admissibility/suppression
- Prosecutor Negotiation
- Judge or Jury Trial
- Plea Bargaining
Some of the strategies we employ may include the following:
- Discovery Sanctions
- Subpoenaing Documents
- Trial Continuances
- Pitchess Motions
- Witness 402 Hearings
- and others…
If you are charged with a Traffic Misdemeanor or DUI, hire San Diego’s best traffic law firm. We can help you get a great result on your case. To learn more about our procedures and how we can represent you, call the San Diego Ticket King at 619-649-2424 or email our attorneys at email@example.com.
Our San Diego Traffic Attorney
Hiring an attorney to defend your traffic ticket may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. With high fines, DMV points and your license at stake, you need an expert traffic attorney to handle it. Our traffic defense attorneys are the best in the business because:
We know the law and procedure that govern traffic law and traffic courts. We use the knowledge we've gained to get an advantage in court. Knowing the right legal maneuvers may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal.
We go to court for you
Under Penal Code 977 we can make all your court appearances without you having to be present. In most cases, you will never have to go to court. We appear on your behalf and represent you to the fullest extent of the law.
Hiring an attorney doesn't have to be expensive. Our fees are reasonable because we have designed our business to be efficient. Many clients actually save money because they have hired our law firm.